Thursday, February 23, 2017

Weekday Wednesday

     I've been craving cake lately. I'm a great lover of delicious wedding cake, no fondant. Smooth buttercream and even those little gourmet cupcakes with dozens of different flavors! Unfortunately it's hard to get a good frugal cake out there and those cupcakes are at least $2 each. I also didn't want to go to a great deal of work to make a homemade cake so boxed it is! LOL The only problem with that is I have one each 8 & 9" cake pans. The 9" looked pretty big so I thought well lets just make one big layer instead. Umm...Yeah. Don't do that. It cracked on the top. Maybe an alien will crawl out the crevice that now is the top of my devil's food cake! I also am trying out a new frosting from Duff. I'll post a review on my next blog. In the end it tastes good but looks like a little white mushroom. I forgot to get the after picture before I cut into it for hubby's dessert.
It's like the Grand Canyon!
      After that fiasco I thought okay I can whip out a couple loaves of pumpkin bread and use up the last can of pumpkin I had leftover. Wellll that just completely sealed the deal that it was NOT my day to bake. They both just oozed over the side and didn't rise well enough. Fell in the middle. I rechecked the ingredient and didn't see anything I missed or messed up but I think I let it beat to long is the only thing I did differently. Either way. I'm glad it's over and I'll try to salvage what I can. Like the crispy overflow. The dogs loved it!

     Last but definitely not least, Another fun activity that I did today was to fill out a extra long online job application/test/questionnaire thingy. Holy Crackers Batman it even included math word problems after one of those personality tests with stupid questions. YETH, it was F-U, I mean FUN! Wednesday I think I've had enough of you.

No comments: