Monday, February 27, 2017

Oscar Musings

I'm waking this morning to all the details from last night's 2017 Academy Awards Oscar show. J & I chose not to watch. We decided to take some much needed dual massage, intimate time together instead. So I'm relying on the recaps to catch me up now.

     Let's first address the biggest moment of the night. The Best Picture announcement by Warren Beatty & Faye Dunaway. So far it's looking like they were given the wrong envelope and presented the producers of La La Land with the Oscar. Unfortunately that was incorrect and the REAL winner was Moonlight. This lead to the producers of La La Land to concede and make it right, like the class act they are. Price Waterhouse confirmed, apologized and Moonlight was properly awarded. But in the end, chaos ensured in a moment that never should have happened. I feel bad for the Moonlight cast that deserved better.

     Some of my favorite designer dresses were worn by Actress Viola Davis who looked ravishing in a RED Armani. Emma Stone also looked very gold and sparkly in a 20's inspired ankle length gown. Pharell Williams was dapper as always.

     Matt Damon deserves a special award for being such a good sport while Jimmy Kimmel busted his balls all night long! Plus one of my favs, Justin Timberlake opened the show and did not disappoint performing "Can't stop the feeling".

      I should have just dvr'd the whole thing since it really sounds like it wasn't the boring oscars that I've often watched in past years. But oh well. Thank you morning shows for catching me up.

No comments: